Pages

1/26/2012

Bulldogs and baby baths.

 I don't know what it is about baby baths that our bulldog loves so much.  He personally doesn't enjoy his own bath nearly as much as he loves Easton's.  Maybe it's the lavender scented water that he tries to slurp, or the blue whale bathtub that he wants to soak his giant paws in.

Here is a little look into our most recent bath night...

Me: "Adam can you get Easton's bath ready?"

Otis- Ears perk up.  "Did she say bath?!"  Otis jumps up from his cozy spot on the couch (where he is NOT supposed to be), leaving his half chewed rawhide behind and trots behind Adam to the bathroom.

Otis takes his big bulldog head and shoves the door open and bullies his way in as Adam fills the blue whale baby tub with nice warm water.  "oooh a bath, perfect ending to a rough doggie day of barking out the window and running around the backyard barking at the neighbors," he likely thinks.

Adam grabs the baby soaps and bubble bath while Otis hovers in-between his feet.

"Get out of the way OTIS!"  Adam Screams.  Otis who is unfazed patiently waits for the show to get underway.

I enter the bathroom baby in hand.  I attempt to spread the towel out onto the floor to get Easton undressed.   Just as I get it- Otis flops onto the fresh towel like he's utterly exhausted from all of the excitement.

"Get out of the way!  Adam get Otis!"

Adam grabs Otis by the collar but Otis bobs and weaves to escape his angry grasp.  Finally too frustrated to care Adam lets him slip away while I continue to undress Easton, hoping he doesn't decide to take aim at me while his diaper is off.

Just as I get him settled into the tub I feel a big bulldog head plop onto my leg accompanied by a big "SNORT".  I just roll my eyes and we continue.  Adam always is the "washer" and I'm what I like to refer to as, "The Entertainer".  I get to try and make Easton laugh, splash his hands in the water and shower him with "rain drops" (coolest bath toy ever).  Before I know it Otis is involved.

He is helping to clean the baby by licking his hair.  "OTIS!"   He then points his sad puppy eyes at me as to say, "what? I'm just trying to help."   Then he's slurping lavender scented water as a little mid-bath cocktail.  "OTIS!"  Next he's trying to soak his paws by stepping into the baby tub with Easton in it.  "OTIS!"

Meanwhile Easton is just cooing and squealing in excitement watching this circus unfold.  He splashes Otis and tries to reach out to touch his puppy face (which is seriously a centimeter from his own).  Easton grabs at him while Otis licks his baby hands trying to clean him and enjoy a few more drops of bath water all at the same time.  "Thank god I'm here," he thinks.  "These two have no clue how to clean this kid!"






Otis exhausted from his hardwork heads back to his cozy couch to get some much needed rest and chew his bone.  "What would they ever do without me?" Otis thinks as drifts of to doggy dreamland.

4 comments:

  1. I think you should start a series of "Otis" books. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading ur blog! It sounds just like our house! But I've got two labs that actually get in the tub with our 15month old. Keep blogging! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much and thanks for reading my blog! I love the comments and the feedback. Amy I agree on "The adventures of Otis" series LOL

    ReplyDelete